
Last week I bought a new lens for my camera (a Canon 7D). It was a Canon EF 24-105mm f 1:4 L IS USM (I hope I got all those letters right ...) Consequently, I have been looking for subjects fitted more for lens testing than for beauty (whatever that may be).
Since both lens and camera body are supposed to be weather and dust shielded, what could be better than to test it in a workshop? Luckily I found one open not too far off.
All photos where shot in RAW-format and developed in Adobe Lightroom 3.41. For the technically minded I have included some of the exposure data.
The one above was shot outside the workshop, with 1/80 sec, f/10, ISO 800 and focal distance 32mm (equiv 51mm)

A real dusty engine is nice. Lots of dirty details. Shot at 1/125 sec, f/11, ISO 3200, focal distance 24mm (equiv 38mm).

The building housing the workshop is an old one, but they could build with style. The windows might almost be fit for a church. Shot at 1/125 sec, f/11, ISO 400 and focal distance 24mm (equiv 38mm).
So far it looks like this lens is going to be heavily used.
0 comments:
Post a Comment